We are currently looking for a C developer to work on a migration project from AIX to RedHat 7.
Languages: fluency in English
The C Developer should be able to recompile and migrate all C function from the IBM AIX environment to a Linux platform components taking all dependencies and data flows into account. Furthermore, it is also crucial to work closely with users and stakeholders, to validate and communicate all actions with ample time before execution, thus avoiding causing any disruption.
The successful candidate should to be a seasoned technical professional with a diverse background and be eager to work with unfamiliar technologies. This person should be creative, flexible and have excellent communication skills since migrations involve multiple stakeholders and systems. Most important is a commitment to providing outstanding customer service and managing the whole migration scope in a controlled and clear manner.
- Define, plan, manage and monitor execution of all migration activities
- Support integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Track progress of all migration, development, and implementation activities
- Careful execution and creation of migration procedures
- Ensure effective communications with customers and staff.
- Follow-up, take action and resolve all technical issues with the customer and staff
- Troubleshooting migration issues
- Creating migration process documentation & updating technical system documentation
- Deliver superior customer service and be accountable for delivering an effective solution
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in the following areas:
- C Program Language in depth skillset
- Able to migrate the current code from PowerPC (AIX) to x86 (Red Hat 7)
- Extract Transform and Load tasks
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux (Red Hat) and Unix (AIX)
- Shell and Windows scripting
- Distributed systems
- Writing technical documentation