For a client in Ghent we are looking for a JAVA developer :
start : ASAP
duration : long term
languages : Dutch & English
You will be part of our Java development team that is working on the next generation solutions (solutions for facilitating image viewing and image related reporting and workflows to all hospital departments). You will be part of a growing development team, working by an agile programming methodology. Developers on our team are proactively involved in the full cycle of professional software development. This includes working on the design, coding, maintenance and integrated testing of leading edge software. You will collaborate with other colleagues in Belgium, Shanghai, Austria Canada, US and Germany in the context of the project.
This position is specifically for a team responsible for the application server infrastructure, platform functionality such as clustering, authentication, high availability and the workflow orchestration.
The assignment requires a high interest in both technical and functional aspects of software development. Innovation and knowledge transfer are core values in our dedication to continuous improvement as together we "make a difference" in the healthcare arena.
Key – relationships
- Contribute to our agile programming methodology
- Design parts of the application in collaboration with other software engineers and architects of your team
- Work closely with the product owner to determine the functional and technical needs of the product
- Responsible for coding of specific functional parts or platform extensions in the application
- Take responsibility for your part of the application (or platform) as part of the continuous integration process
- Automated testing: unit testing, integration testing …
- Work closely with the verification & validation team who will create & execute tests, in addition to your created unit tests & integration tests
Competencies (skills, knowledge, behaviours)
- Your scrum team (product owner, scrum master, developers, manual tester and test automation engineer)
- Local R&D Management
- Enterprise Imaging Project management
- Enterprise Imaging Product management
- Enterprise Imaging verification& validation team
- Degree: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent through experience
- Languages: English
- You are growing or already have a passion for java and open source technologies.
- You have gathered relevant java development experience either professionally or via open source contribution
- Soft skills:
- You are a team player and can solve a problem independently. You are interested in the synergy of business functionality and technology.
- You feel confident in an agile working environment.
- Technical skills:
- Minimal: J2SE, J2EE, Eclipse, Design patterns, OOA/D, web services, JUnit, Maven, relational databases (Oracle) & JDBC.
- Extras: JPA, Hibernate, OSGI, JBoss, SDO, profiling, Git, Subversion, Java Open Source technologies, Jenkins. Angular, Bootstrap, Gradle, Docker, Linux, JSON, FHIR, DICOM, HL7