Our client has actively set up a program dedicated to business intelligence and advanced analytics, called “Smart Data Factory” (SmDF). The goal is to dispose of an integrated data analytics & BI reporting platform encompassing & intelligently combining internal cross-functional business system data as well as relevant external data into datamarts to provide insights needed to support & facilitate decision-making processes & digitalization.
A portfolio of potential ideas and projects is continuously maintained, prioritized and implemented.
- Our infrastructure is mainly Azure-based,
- We use PowerBI as business analytics service,
- We use TimeXtender as data warehouse/integration platform,
- We are evaluating Databricks.
Considering the growing number of business requests, our client is actively looking for a data engineer that will participate to the analysis & implementation of datamarts and visuals. This also involves the definition & setup of data sources & related connections.
• Analyse and document to-be analytics business needs,
• Define and setup input data sources,
• Analyse and implement datamarts,
• Develop PowerBI visuals,
• Provide support and training to business users so that the delivered visuals are correctly and actively used,
• Provide training, coaching and support to the business that implement PowerBI visuals themselves (participating to the ‘Digital Dexterity’ objective),
• Perform all above activities in collaboration with Architecture Office team in coherence with the ICT architectural landscape,
• Respect and follow all guidelines and practices in the field of BI Reporting,
• Respect priorities and timing of the projects’ plans.
Must have IT BI Skills
• Database modelling and design,
• ETL principles and practices,
• BI data modelling techniques : star, snowflake, …
• Knowledge of Azure analytics suite tools (Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Analysis Services, SQL Server, …),
• PowerBI or experience with a likewise solution
Fluency in Dutch or French is required with a good understanding of the other language + English.